View Single Post
Old September 18, 2010, 09:38 PM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

If I were in his situation I'd want a good quality LED flashlight putting out somewhere around 100 lumens or more that would run off AA rechargeables.

In a pinch you can go into any store and buy replacement batteries and if you buy a good charger you'll save a lot on batteries--especially compared to something that uses the typical CR-123 lithium batteries.

Fenix makes some decent lights--not super quality but mine has held up pretty well. Mine is a L1T V2.0. I don't like some of their other lights because they have a lot of modes and I got sick of getting into the wrong mode by mistake--also the tailswitch works more intuitively than some of the other Fenix mini-lights. This one is bright enough that you can use it as a tactical light but if he doesn't want something really bright he can go smaller--down to something that will run on AAA rechargeables. The L1T V2.0 can be dropped down to about 10 lumens by twisting the flashlight head for typical mini-light uses but you may want something smaller if you don't need the brighter mode.

Page generated in 0.02771 seconds with 8 queries