Thread: XS Big Dot's..
View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 10:20 AM   #26
dayman

Quote:
What if for the sake of conversation and for never knowing what will truly happen..You need to make a farther shot and/or are holding down on someone and need to make a precise shot?
I'd probably be SOL if I had to be too precise with the ol' sp101 no matter what sights I had on it

They seem pretty marginal for longer shots. But, I don't really have anything to compare it to. It's better than the stock front blade was, but that doesn't say much. It's not as good as my PPQ or 22/45, but that's less a function of the sights than the gun it's self.
If you handload you could probably cook something up so that you'd get a 12:00 POI, and improve it's precision.

Since the SP101 doesn't have a rear sight anyway I definitely feel like it was a step up - and even a step up from a smaller front night sight - but I do think I still prefer the 3 dot setup when available. Maybe someday when I have extra money (I have a kid, so that's doubtful) I'll get a set to try out on one of my autos so I can do an apples to apples comparison.

A enlarged front dot with a standard rear sight might just be a great combination.

Page generated in 0.03280 seconds with 8 queries