View Single Post
Old March 4, 2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Bluey303

Chris B - Yes, I did say that. To be honest, I'm floored by the wealth of information you have put out, so I'll be checking them out. The manual I have at the moment for the Springfield '03 is well, how do I put it lightly? Not all really well detailed. So it happens, it was a cheapie. Live and learn, I suppose. So, in that case, I'll be looking at purchasing a more decent techincal manual that'll accompany the old girl better.

I'll try get some more photos when I get back from work this arvo. Actually, there's no hood on the front sight. Mind you, I did think of buying one, but not so sure at the moment (unless I can talked into it).

Gotcha, as regarding the stock types as madcratebuilder's photos shows so much more. Now, that I think about it, I have a spare 'scant' stock, it came with the rifle, but I really like the 'C' stock. I agree with you about trying to modify such a nice piece of stock, that would be the absolute last resort. Again, I'll have another look on the stock on my '03 and see if I can find any stamps.

By the way, nice collection there. I'm sooo envious you have a M1 Garand. I can't have one here as the semi-autos are still banned. However, I'm planning on visiting the States one of these days and have a go in one of the NRA High Power, shooting either the M1 Garand or the M1A. One of these days!

mad crate builder - Thanks for the photos and the link, much appreciated. I agree it is quite odd regarding the lock screw and I'll look over at the CMP forum and see what they have to say also.

TX Hunter - LOL, I know what you mean, my Dad has given me his Pattern 14 .303 and has threatened to disown me, if I ever considered to sell it!

Oh, before I head out to work for the day, I have to ask you guys, would the 03 A3 version be a much better choice for target shooting than the standard 03? Just wondering because I haven't actually seen a A3 version for real yet, but it might be the choice if I can find one with the 'C' stock, to which I'm more comfortable with.

Gotta run!! Late for work!!

Page generated in 0.02510 seconds with 8 queries