View Single Post
Old June 8, 2009, 06:40 PM   #32
the_law_man01

Tamara,

I'm sorry if you took offense to my statements. I sure didn't take offense when you insinuated earlier that I'm some kind of redneck, hick, or "bubba" (as you put it) for simply modifying a firearm to my likeing. If you don't like it, that's fine. I think it looks interesting. Not only that, it is also lighter weight (better for carrying in the woods). The barrel cools better without all the wood on it. It is more weatherproof with the new finish. And, certainly not the lesser of importance, with the scope you can really learn to appreciate the accuracy of these rifles at 500-800 yards. Where your rifle might hit a 2'x3' target at 500 yards, mine will hit a 12" target every shot from 600 yards.

As a matter of fact, I shot 31 rounds of mil-surp 7.62NATO on Friday. The first was to check "0" on the scope. (Dead on at 100) Followed by 6 5-shot groups. All of which ranged from .75" to 1.25" (from 100 yards).

Keep in mind its all about personal preference. You like the original military rifle. That's great. That's what works for you. I happen to have a Lee Enfield that is in all original EXCELLENT condition.

I customized this firearm. It works great for me. You don't have to attack me for taking something great and making it BETTER. Just accept that every person in the world has different interests. I have an original condition Enfield which will not leave my collection. So, bubba-izing (as you term it) an extra Ishy isn't a big deal to me. It was fun to do. It is fun to shoot. It was worth doing.

Page generated in 0.02228 seconds with 8 queries