View Single Post
Old April 2, 2006, 07:25 AM   #8
Ignatz

I also have to put a small piece of "opaque" tape over my non-shooting eye. I'm right handed, left eye dominant. If I don't, sometimes I can see another gun coming in from a different angle. I also keep glasses in my shooting bag that are taped off for right or left eye shooting. I've learned to shoot left handed in bullseye/international, but shoot right handed when I do the action stuff. If you can learn to shoot with both eyes open-do it! I have a tremor in my right arm, tennis elbow in my left, and need glasses. Try and keep both eyes open, wether you tape the non-dominant eye or not. There might be less fatigue on the shooting eye. BTW I also do Summer Biathlon and started out with a right handed rifle. It got to the point when I came into the shooting range I could'nt see the 50 meter target correct. The black circles all looked like half moons and I could'nt tell if I hit a target or not....Solution....Buy a $3000 Anschutz 1827 Fortner in left hand and learn to shoot lefty! It might have been cheaper for me to get laser surgery on my right eye

Page generated in 0.03006 seconds with 8 queries