Thread: CAS/SASS
View Single Post
Old January 18, 2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Crunchy Frog

I have been shooting SASS for a year now. I agree that the "costuming" requirement is not a problem since the minimum is easy to meet. It may require a visit to the local thrift store but that's about it, and I have never heard anyone given a hard time about costumes.

I originally thought the four gun requirement might be an issue since I didn't own a single compliant gun. What I found, though, is that cowboy shooters are some of the most generous and helpful folks I have ever associated with. People fell over themselves offering to lend guns. I brought my own ammo but was offered that as well. It has taken me a full year to assemble my own full set of cowboy guns but I have never lacked for shooting irons. At our club's annual match the fellow whose rifle I had been using had sold it to another new shooter but he assured me he'd pass the word and find me a rifle for the day. I was handed a brand new rifle that one of our guys had just received from a gunsmith. He was on another posse that day and we hardly saw one another. That's the kind of people you'll find at a SASS match, almost without exception from what I hear.

Oh, and if you like to shoot, we throw a lot of lead downrange in the course of a six stage match.

Page generated in 0.03159 seconds with 8 queries