View Single Post
Old March 2, 2011, 03:35 AM   #13
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Quote:
Obstructive to what? Its going to be in a holster. I dont understand peoples gripe about the LCI. Its going to be covered up in a holster. Drawing the weapon will no be hindered by it one bit as its being dragged out.
Having owned a Ruger P345 with the exact same style of LCI, I for one can claim that I do not care for this style.

Aside from aesthetics, which I will ignore for the moment (a-hem ugly stick a-hem), practically speaking Ruger has a much simpler solution: the window/port on their LCP; and yes I do realize that this is only a visual indicator not a tactile one, but if I can't see into that port, it is probably too dark to be shooting or gun handling. (And really one should know if they have a loaded gun before going into any dark alley... sarcasm, I hope.) A quick press check works just fine too.

I personally dislike them so much that I no longer have any Rugers with the "pop-up" style LCI; including MKIII .22s.

The "pop-up" LCI does catch going into some styles of holsters. It did start "cutting" into a Galco Yaqui Slide holster that I was using with my P345.

YMMV

Page generated in 0.02948 seconds with 8 queries