View Single Post
Old February 13, 2014, 10:03 PM   #83
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
I can't speak for all areas of the USA, but in my metro area, calling 911 first or being the first person to speak to a responding officer/deputy does not make you the victim or complainant. I've seen it first hand not only as a citizen but as a on duty security officer responding to a call for service.
Here's some additional information from an attorney on the importance of calling the police, and doing so as rapidly as possible.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/repo...w-enforcement/

The article is primarily focused on why it's important to call to report an incident, even when the initial impulse might be to walk away since it was resolved with no shots fired. However, the general principles also apply to the idea of why it can be important to report the incident before the other participant does.
"Because it was the dirt bag who called the police, in both their official reports and in their practical worldview, it is now HE who is the “complainant” of a crime—the presumed “offended party”–and YOU who are the “respondent”—the presumed offending party."

Page generated in 0.02780 seconds with 8 queries