View Single Post
Old June 1, 2005, 03:10 PM   #39
threefivesevenmag

Update on the Situation.

Hey All,

Again, I really would like to thank you all for your input and advice. It's good to know there is a place to turn for any question regarding firearms, defense, etc.

So. Yes, I have seen a picture of the ex-boyfriend, before he made the threats. He is about 5'10 and maybe 150-160 lbs max. He is also unemployed. I am 6'1 235 lbs. I work out everyday and practice martial arts (kali, kenpo, JKD) regularly.

The main thing I was worried about was the "crazy" factor. People that make idle threats are one thing, but it just takes one moment for a situation to get out of control for an insane ex.

Neither she, nor her ex-boyfriend know I carry, own a gun (only family and very very close friends), or know how to decently handle myself in a fight if one were to break out. I am a laid back guy, and will not just go into any confrontation without a very good reason (i.e. someone breaking into my apartment, etc...that's another story). I was mainly concerned because crazy people can do anything, and she mentioned he owned his grandfather's "WWII" pistol. I doubt he knows anything about firearms, but you never know when some crazy loon will take a shot at you from a distance. She often threatens her (mainly to kill her cat, himself, or hurt her if she doesn't stay with him, etc). They are both too crazy for me!

Also, I am only friends with this girl. Nothing more. So no relationship issues or hurt feelings on my part. Both he and the girl live 1.5 hours away from here. She was in town for a two day job. He came down to my city after getting angry at me. He did not attempt anything over the weekend. I did not see either.

On Sunday She sent me a txt message saying "he said he wasn't going to hurt you" and then he txt messaged me later saying "don't worry, I'm leaving **** town today, just don't talk to **** again. And stay the hell away from her!"

She has since txt messaged me. I have not responded to any of their messages at all, nor will in the future. I figure they both are insane (her for still obviously being with the guy, and him for his threats). I have copied his number and written down the series of events and relayed them to my family. Because I accidently deleted his earlier texts that morning, I could not go to the PD, but if I had them, I would have. I'm still mad at my early morning fine motor skills.

So. I will not respond. Her and her ex can think whatever they want. If anything happens I am prepared. No hurt feelings or anything. I consider it a decent end to some, as stated "keyboard commando" threats.

Thank you all for your time. You all really helped me out.

Stay Safe. Shoot Straight. COM preferably.

Page generated in 0.04433 seconds with 8 queries