View Single Post
Old December 30, 2011, 10:55 AM   #2
MTT TL

I assume you don't have a gun because you live in Japan. Generally firearm transfers to non-US citizens who are also non-resident/ immigrant aliens on temporary visas are prohibited except:

Quote:
A nonimmigrant alien is not prohibited from purchasing, receiving,
or possessing a firearm if the alien: (1) is in possession of a hunting license or
permit lawfully issued in the United States; (2) is an official representative of a foreign government who is accredited to the United States Government or their Government’s mission to an international organization having its headquarters in the United States; or (3) has received a waiver from the prohibition from the Attorney General of the United States. (See 18 U.S.C. § 922(y)(2) for additional exceptions.) Persons subject to one of these exceptions should answer “yes” to questions 12l and 13 and provide the documentation requested by question 18c.
So your options are:

- Give AG Eric Holder a call. He just approved transfers for all kinds of guns to Mexicans. I am sure he will approve one for Japanese person just looking to do so some training. (Or tell him you are a Mexican drug lord, he will square you right away)

- Get a hunting license and then convince a gun training school to let you train and shoot there when you are not "hunting". This might squeeze you in without going to the pokey.

- Become a diplomat representing Japan. This is the best way as you also get immunity from various crimes. I have no idea how to do that in Japan. In the US you have to give A LOT of money to whoever is running for President and than they get elected and make you an ambassador.

In any case if you DO land in jail, the justice department did set up a hot line for people not from the US who commit crimes, get locked up and feel their rights are being violated. I think you have to be in the country illegally to use it but I am not sure.

Me personally... I would love nothing more than to listen in with milk spitting out of my nose; when you call the DOJ to tell them that you are in jail because your second amendment rights are being violated and can they please help....

Quote:
The hotline recording is available in both English and Spanish and callers are asked to leave a detailed message.

Hotline: 1-855-353-1010

Email: [email protected]

Page generated in 0.04160 seconds with 8 queries