View Single Post
Old March 10, 2010, 10:49 AM   #12
Baba Louie

I understand that Nevada is going forward with their Real ID program this year which ought to prove interesting for all the homeless here in Las Vegas since you'll need to bring your birth cert, proof of permanent residency, proof of social security number. Looking at my 1970 issued SSN card, it must be a misprint when it is written "For Social Security and Tax Purposes - Not For Identification". I understand the new cards no longer contain that "misprint".
http://www.dmvnv.com/newlicense/index.htm
Quote:
The Real ID Act requires all applicants to show proof of identity, date of birth, social security number, lawful status and primary residence address to obtain a state-issued Real ID driver license or identification card that is accepted for official federal purposes. Get your documents ready.

Anyone whose current name differs from that on their birth certificate will also have to show proof of the legal name change. A Marriage Certificate is sufficient for married women. Those who have been through multiple name changes because of marriage and divorce will have to show proof of each change.
I know several women here who have been through 3 or 4 marriages (name changes). Ought to be fun gathering all that info and lugging it to the DMV to be entered into the "record" (database).

I originally thought it was all about "terrorism, war on" as it is part of the DHS overall scheme of things, but maybe it is about immigration control in this land o' liberty.

Interesting that so many states have chosen to opt out at this time.

Expect Mission Creep.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.03403 seconds with 8 queries