View Single Post
Old April 19, 2012, 09:23 AM   #58
C0untZer0

I think stashing guns significantly changes the dynamics of home defense in a number of ways.

There are people who plan to go to arm themselves, go to a defensive position and "hunker down" - wait for police. How does it affect things knowing that while you're hunkering down the home invaders are discovering your stashed weapons?

I'm perfectly OK with the theives taking my home electronics and stuff while I'm hunkered down. I know they're not going to take my wide screen TV and kill someone with it.

Even though tactically I know it would not be smart to leave my defensive position to confront home invaders, I personally would have a problem standing by while burglars walked out with my weapons - not so much in just losing them, but feeling responsible for them.

It also raises the potential of upgrading the weaponry of the assailants - as it did in this case when the woman left her handgun in her purse downstairs.

I know criminals carry all sorts of different weapons, but I believe that they gravitate toward lower-priced, lower valued firearms, and possibly lesser quality.

I just think if a thief had stolen some beautiful gun that is worth $2,500 - he's more likely to sell it for the money than to keep it as a burglary/mugging tool. He can get a $200 handgun that will do most everything he needs it to do and the extra $2,300 buys a lot of dope.

If I ever do get in a shootout I am hoping that I'm only facing a .32 or something.

Not that a .32 caliber bullet won't kill you, I know a .22 will kill you too.

But the thing about stashing a gun, it raises the potential that I'm significantly upgrading the armament of a home invader from a knife or .32 pistol to a quality high-capacity nine.

I have kids so stashing guns around the house is just not an option. But I think if I didn't have kids and I were to stash guns, that automatically requires that I have an alarm system and a dog, because besides just protecting my house I've now added the element of racing against time to prevent the intruders from procuring my stashed weapons.

Page generated in 0.03237 seconds with 8 queries