View Single Post
Old September 7, 2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Red Eye

1st range trip w/new Ruger SR 1911

OK guys and gals; long time lurker here, hardly ever post until today. Just gotta tell somebody about todays shooting.

My son and I went to the range today to try my brand new Ruger SR 1911. We had boxes of factory Federal Match 230 gr FMJ's and several home brew recipes that I made to see what it likes.

First off, I've always been a revolver kind of guy, never even owned any semi auto before; but I figured it was time to see what the 1911 folks are always talking about.

WOW, what a great day and I am impressed with this pistol. It fed and ejected everything, no hiccups at all ( and I'm not a great shot) but we were keeping everything inside a 2" bull at 8 yds off-hand. I love this gun !!!!!!!!!! Out of the loads I made, it really liked 6.3 gr of unigue under a Hornady or Winchester 230 gr FMJ. After all these years ( I'm almost 60) NOW I know what the 1911 crowd is talking about!!!! These are "cool" guns, hope my Super Redhawk doesn't get too jealous LOL.......

Thanks Ruger!!!!!!!!!!!! Love my SR 1911 !!!!!!!!

Besides; nothing better than some father/ son "bonding" time like a great day at the range together ( he's 34)

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 8 queries