View Single Post
Old August 16, 2013, 12:25 PM   #16
JKilbreth

Primer system on Lee Classic Turret

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamarw View Post
I still don't understand why you have the mouth of the shell case holder facing the front of the press? Even if it ends up not affecting the priming operation it will pull out when you remove your brass.

As in the picture I attached earlier, you will see where I turn mine about 90 degrees. Have you tried it that way. I have two lee 4 hole turret presses and don't have the problem you are referring to. I also think the instructions tell you to insert the shell holder and turn it about 90 degrees.
You then slip the brass into the turret press from the side and not from the front.
Rotating the shell holder was the first (and most commonly suggested) fix attempt, but it did not solve the issue with my press. I meant to mention that I had tried that, but I forgot. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I had dismissed your idea, but I had already tried it before you suggested it. I appreciate it all the same, though.

I know several people (my brother being one of those) that have the exact same press, but no issues like I'm having. I'm NOT trying to bash Lee's products, as I believe them to be quality products for the price. I'm only interested in a solution, not hate. Solutions first, blame later

Anyways. I digress. I have consulted the Lee videos, other user-submitted videos, and other forums. My last resort will be to call/email Lee and see if they can be any more specific that you guys have been, but other posts have made me less than hopeful of Lee's tech customer service. But I'll let my own experiences decide for me ultimately.

My fix may look bad, but it works for moment until I can call Lee. I'll let y'all know the outcome.

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries