View Single Post
Old July 13, 2011, 01:46 PM   #83
Tachi

I may have had qualms about voting to convict for 1st Degree, had I been on the jury, though I likely would have done so. For 2nd degree, I wouldn't have hesitated to convict.

Years ago, when I took my pistol class for CCW quals, the head instructor was a reserve cop, retired SecOps, CSI, gun crime expert court witness, gunsmith, gunshop owner. He said that if you are forced to defend yourself with a firearm you should keep something in mind:

If you are in a public place and don't have several witnesses around to corroborate your story ...

If you tell the police that you "killed them in self defense," the cop will write in his little notebook, "Suspect admitted to killing victim."

As such, the only thing you should say is, "I'm sorry officer, I'm very upset right now. If you have any questions please submit them, in writing, to my attorney."

Your mileage my vary, of course. Ersland was stupid to do what he did, he then compounded the fact via his post action behavior.

Page generated in 0.03208 seconds with 8 queries