View Single Post
Old April 18, 2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Vt.birdhunter

I own one,love it.

Do some searches on Google: Carbon 15 problems, Carbon 15 malfunctions, etc. You wont come up with many bad reviews of the BUSHMASTER Carbon 15 line of rifles.
The early Carbon 15 rifle was built by Professional Ordnance; those rifles had problems.
Bushmaster took ownership of the design and starting producing C15 rifles in a variety of configurations. These rifles are considered reliable.

Ive heard stove-piping can cause a dent to form in in upper where the shell is smacked into the receiver. Ive fired thousands of rounds through my C15 type 21

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/17424

I don't have many stovepipes, and those Ive had haven't left a mark. Its possible that the few, if any rifles that "dent" happened to, were fed steel cased ammo and were prone to stovepipes from lack of maintenance.

I love my C15, 4lbs, match barrel shoots 1MOA, very very effective muzzle brake. Carrys like a BB gun.

The biggest Con against the C15 rifles is that they are not entirely compatible with other AR uppers and accessories; I might be wrong here.

Ive looked and looked; there are very few well founded complaints against these rifles. Not sure what type of C15 you have but used they go for $700-800 I think. If you got one in trade for around that your lucky to own it IMO. Good luck.

BTW- mine loves 55gr ammo as a general rule of thumb. 62 and heavier bullets open my groups up.

Page generated in 0.02884 seconds with 8 queries