View Single Post
Old October 18, 2009, 11:17 PM   #6
Dr. Strangelove

Quote:
how good are these scopes?
Ah, the age old scope quality question. One man's junk is another man's treasure. Telescopic sights are an example of a product where you get what you pay for for the most part. Decide what you need a scope to do and purchase a product that matches that level of performance. It's very easy to overspend, not that you won't get a quality product, just that you may not ever see the benefits.

I just picked up a new in box Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm 40 $167.00, or about 27% off the average retail price. For my needs, that's a great deal. The VX-1 line of scopes is a high end entry level scope. It's not a $1200.00 scope, nor is it advertised as such. It's a quality sight for someone who hunts and shoots on the range casually.

Leupold makes a range of quality, sort of a good, better, best. The VX-1 is in the good range, many other manufacturers are closing in on the same quality in that price range. Leupold makes quality optics, but look through a few other brands before you make the decision to buy. Your eyes make the decision, not mine.

Page generated in 0.02772 seconds with 8 queries