View Single Post
Old May 2, 2008, 09:11 PM   #1
M1AFan

New to Reloading and the firing line

Hi everyone. I'm a life long shooter new to the forums and reloading and had a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could answer.

My wife got me a Dillon 550B and some dies and plates for our anniversary so I can start reloading. I've also got a Speer reloading book but it seems very dry and overwhelming for me as a begginner with no experience. Can someone reccommend a better book for begginners?

I'm also looking for a good recipe to clean and polish brass. Most of the brass is pretty clean on the outside but has the normal burned powder inside. I'd like something that isn't going to corrode or weaken the brass. Some of my reloads will probably be setting for long term storage and I don't want it corroded when I open it up later.

I'm also looking for a guide as to what brass I can get away with using and that I should throw away. I know splits, cracks, and bulges should go into the recycling bin. I mostly mean when it comes to brass with small dings from extraction. I've been told this is ok to use because it will come out during resizing.

Any help to these questions or advise is really appreciated. I don't want to jump in because I can't afford to replace damaged guns, and certainly can't afford to losing fingers or limbs.

Page generated in 0.03492 seconds with 8 queries