View Single Post
Old October 18, 2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

I made a wooden case with a suitcase handle on top that opens from the side like a pistol gun box. Lip on the bottom of the box and on the one shelf holds Styrofoam insulation in place and circles cut out to fit cans and bottles are easy to do before you stick foam in and glue it in place. A piece of rubber diamond deck matting cut to size glued and screwed onto bottom of the case makes for sitting in mud and dirt an easy clean up and non slip from vibrations when on bench.

Don't know how much stuff you bring but I made mine big enough to hold a take down cleaning rod and all my cleaning gear, rags, swabs, toothbrush, etc. on the bottom of my box and all my odds and ends solvents and lubes on the middle shelf. The base is 2" wider than my top for stability. Made mine a swing down door but that takes up table space and I am thinking of either making it a swing up door or a removable door. Painted it black to begin with, Its red now, doesn't get kicked as much and doesn't get as hot in the sun, not sure it would have caught fire but when I first opened it up I was glad I no longer smoke.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries