View Single Post
Old April 17, 2008, 09:51 PM   #5
44 AMP
Staff

A friend has one,

Short barreled Vaquero with birds head grip, and a Bisley hammer. He was in love with it, until he shot it. It is a .44 Mag. I was with him when he got it at a gun show, neat looking rig, free spin cylinder and everything. he really was excited and went on about how much he loved that little thing.
I told him he might have a different opinion after he shot it.

He talked me out of a box of .44 mag (and not full bore loads either, 240grSWC 10gr Unique). After he shot it, he agreed with me. He still loves to handle it, he just won't shoot it much. When I get some time, I'll load up some .44 SPL. I think they will do him right.

Myself, I won't shoot it. He has really small hands, and for him the grip is right. I don't, and for me it is like hanging on to a toothpick with a .44 mag cylinder in front of it. No thanks.

I think the bridshead would be ok as long as recoil don't go beyond regular .45 Colt, and for me, even standard .45 Colt would not be fun with that tiny grip. For you, it might be fine. If it is, enjoy it.

Page generated in 0.02352 seconds with 8 queries