View Single Post
Old March 1, 2013, 11:38 AM   #9
schmellba99

You can always count on rajbaca to come in on any Hornady thread.

One other thing I would tell you to look at, especially since you have mentioned the primer cam wire is to make sure that the double nut that holds it to the base of the press (one under that fits into the machined slot and one on top that you tighten down) are tight. Every so often you need to make sure the top one is snugged down against the base of the press - when it comes loose, the cam wire will wiggle just a little bit during the press operation. Most of the time it is no big deal, but if it wiggles enough it will cause the priming system to not operate correctly and jam up the press.

I try to remember to check this nut every few thousand rounds. I actually bent the crap out of my primer cam wire at one point because of this. I was able to get it straightened back out without any problems, but bought another to have as a spare. Whenever I finally get around to changing them out, I intend to put just a drop of Loctite on the nut on the bottom of the press and the one on top to keep them from loosening up.

The last time I checked the top nut, it was still good and tight on my press, and that was after several thousand rounds. Maybe I put enough torque on it that I won't have to worry about it again, but it is something to keep in the back of your mind to check on occasion.

Page generated in 0.03084 seconds with 8 queries