View Single Post
Old July 6, 2011, 11:42 PM   #2
idek

I can't answer your question directly, but I've used a couple different aftermarket forends on a current production Mossberg 500 and they only required me to remove the forend nut. If your gun is like current production 500s, I expect that would be true of the forend you're speaking of as well. I can't comment on compatibility with older models.

....Now, I don't mean to preach where it's not wanted, but the consensus among defense/tactical "experts" is that pistol grip forends aren't all that great. Because your grip is lower, they make the slide bars want to lift upward as you pull in and downward as you push out. This creates extra slide friction and just possibly might make the slide more prone to hiccups. This may be unlikely, but small odds can make a big difference in a defense situation.

Also, I don't believe TacStar has a great reputation for quality. I've never tried any of their stuff myself though.

I'm not trying to criticize your choices, but I just thought I'd mention those things in case you hadn't considered them. Now, if you just want a certain look for your gun and aren't really expecting to stake you life on it, you probably don't need to worry about anything I wrote.

Last edited by idek; July 6, 2011 at 11:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.02914 seconds with 8 queries