View Single Post
Old January 5, 2011, 10:26 PM   #7
Hunter Customs

Well I shot #20 yesterday afternoon.
I closed the shop around 3:30pm got into my camo gear, put on the camo face paint and headed out.
I had to drive about three miles then hike in on foot about a half mile to where I wanted to make my hide.
I got into position and all set-up a little after 4pm.
Just to the south of me was a brushy creek bottom, I was setting with my back against a nice size tree and was facing north.
There was a stand of young sapplings to my east they extended about 30 yards out into a picked bean field that was northeast of me.
Northwest of me was another part of the picked bean field, the bean field was split by a wooded draw about 400 yards long and 20 yards wide that ran north and south and ended at the creek behind me. I figured the coyotes used this draw to transverse the bean field to get to the creek.
I started calling about 4:25pm, I always like to wait about 20 minutes after I'm in position before I start calling.
Ten minutes into calling a big male clears the sapplings to my east, is about 40 yards from me moving at a full run when I squeeze the trigger on the 22-250, he flipped head over heels and was dead when he came to a stop.
I continued calling until a little after 5:00pm then I packed up and headed back to my truck.
It looks like it's going to be pretty windy the next few days so it will be awhile before I get to go again.
Good luck to all.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Page generated in 0.02768 seconds with 8 queries