Thread: December
View Single Post
Old October 31, 2005, 12:02 AM   #5
DonR101395

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, it a dog eat dog world. It's not just Gabe I hold in high regard. I've trained at BW and mid-south and many no name places. You always take something good away from training. I've disagreed with gabe on some things, but still enjoy his "tell it like it is" approach.

Now, just one question for you I've read on your threads in Glock Talk. You keep referring to a guy continually sweeping his leg while drawing. I've been working in armed professions for 21 years and carrying concealed the same amount of time. Could you explain to me how you draw a pistol from a concealment holster and not sweep your leg? An IWB holster is sweeping your hip not just during the draw, but the entire time you're wearing it (it sweeps a substantially more important body part if you carry appendix). Unless the holster is offset from your belt (not much of concealment holster) or you do some kind of yoga manuever draw, you will always sweep your hip or thigh when you draw. If you don't sweep your leg during the draw, you'll be sweeping the guy in the next firing lane. Not looking for an argument, just making an observation. I also thought it was interesting that your thread asking to debate Gabe that didn't draw much attention from him was posted six months before SWAT decided to do the article about Gabe's course. But, you're probably right, he wasn't sent there to do a hatchet job. As for your mall ninja comments about who attends his courses. I've personally seen and been a part of U.S. SOF teams at his courses and had friends attend his class with foreign SOF teams in the class.

I'm looking forward to more training with Gabe, BW, and Gryphon Group again in the next year. I don't hold any of them in higher regards than the other. They all have advantages and disadvantages.
DonR101395 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03796 seconds with 8 queries