View Single Post
Old March 31, 2002, 12:11 PM   #31
Mal H
Staff

SteelyDan - You make some good and reasonable points.

1. The type of threads you talk about here are all "on-topic", but they have all concluded with bickering as you mention. It is a long standing tenet of TFL that we will remain on the "high road", i.e., no ad hominem arguments, no name calling, etc. Any thread that takes the plunge is going to get canned - simple fact. Some threads meet the axe a little sooner than others, we can't see 'em all in time. The originator of the thread, or anyone else, is always welcome to start another thread on the same subject. But, bear in mind that some threads start off with controversy and are doomed almost from the git-go.

2. I won't address the dog attack thread because I didn't follow it. You may have a valid point on the closing of it, I can't say.

3. FWIW, I tend to agree with you on this point. In general, in the past, we have let threads ride that affect the general membership. However, (there always seems to be one of those, doesn't there?), most threads of that nature have been at least remotely related to firearms, BOR, etc.

4. I didn't misunderstand you. You, like me, and the vast majority of TFL'ers still think this the best place to be for firearms discussion and we want to make it even better, if possible. We, the staff, are indeed very proud of what we have here even though each of us only plays a relatively small part, the sum of it all is a pretty darn good effort.

5. I won't pretend to speak for Rich, but I think I have known him long enough to know that he wouldn't do anything "just because". Each decision is usually well reasoned out and not done in haste. I feel that it is because of this along with the staff's work ethic and, perhaps most importantly, the fine membership we have here, that TFL will remain the finest firearms site on the net.

Page generated in 0.03778 seconds with 8 queries