View Single Post
Old July 11, 2011, 11:15 PM   #581
C0untZer0

I don't understand how the BATFE can just arbitrarily tell gun shops that they have to report people who purchase more than 2 rifles in a 5 day period.

I'm not necesarily against the law but in any other business the governement can't just do that. The police can't go to a car dealership and say - "You have to start reporting anyone who purchases more than 2 vehicles in 5 days."

Doesn't there have to be a law regarding that?

Also, how can they impose that on gun stores? The gun stores are supossed to do what? - eye-ball their paperwork every day at the close of business and try to match names with the preceeding 5 days?

I don't know what the profit on these weapons are but it would seem to be a relatively simple thing to do to just move 1 state north to make the purchases.

This seems to me to be an effort on the part of the BATFE to divert attention away from Fast and Furious and make it look like they're actually trying to track down criminals and not trying to bolster statistics for stricter gun control.

I totally don't understand this. BATFE has the power to make gun stores do this stuff with no law - no regulation?

Page generated in 0.02700 seconds with 8 queries