View Single Post
Old January 30, 2011, 11:04 PM   #97
racine

Interesting Discussion here...

I do remember a shooting in Olympia, WA. around 2000 were a couple and child just moved into an apartment and were woken to find an intruder breaking in the front door and not taking threats to leave. The intruder was shot through the door with a 410 and birdshot through his winter coat and killed him. The tenants were interviewed and deemed by the police of wanting to just protect themselves. It was a eye opening report but showed the lethality of this combination.
My choice with children in the house in a crowded neighborhood with houses 4 yards away has been #4-6 birdshot with backup Rem. Red. Recoil slugs on the sidesaddle. I would think anyone taking the barrage of a 12 ga. and birdshot would rethink his motives. For those who resist then 2-7 slugs should help tip the balance. Perhaps if I lived in the country where my nearest neighbor was 1/2-2 miles away, then #2-4 buckshot or slugs would be more appropriate. I am a peaceful man but I would show no mercy to those who would try do harm to my family-and at the very least go down trying...

Page generated in 0.03644 seconds with 8 queries