View Single Post
Old July 4, 2012, 12:19 AM   #9
Pond, James Pond

Thanks for the pointers and reassurances.

I'll use the closest candidate in the VV manual, then.

A word on what I have and why I got it.

Firstly, the bullets. The .38s are not quite a SWC. They are a Truncated Cone. SWC was the closest I could think of when typing. The .44's are also this Truncated cone. They have a cannelure (I called it a crimping collar), the .38s don't.

Both are described as "HS" in bullet design (it is not Hydra-Shok). In the picture they look like they have a copper jacket, but I've never managed to work out. The website doesn't give a glossary of terms...

Finally, the powder. Some have commented on my powder choice. From the beginning I wanted a powder to use on both, even if it was not the ideal for either.
Powder costs about $85/lb over here. I don't have the cash right now to buy two different types, and the manufacturer tells me that they sanction its use with both my calibre and weight bullets, so I got that one....

I don't feel the urge to load up to maximums right now. Just as well as I only have the starting charges as a guide!!

Last edited by Pond, James Pond; July 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.03432 seconds with 8 queries