View Single Post
Old September 25, 2009, 08:56 AM   #26
snevensmores

Nothing irritates me more than someone being careless with a weapon. Ok, I take that back -- the one that the irritates me even more than that is someone pointing to their trigger finger and saying, "This is my safety." What a load of crap. In my younger years (haha, I'm 25 and still call them my "younger years"), I used to play paintball. More than once, I'd dive or slide and accidentally pull the trigger. Luckily, with proper protection, a paintball is entirely safe... unless you're not wearing a jock strap and a cup...

In the years since then, I have become a police explorer and later an explorer advisor. I stress to the cadets, ever too often, that you do not draw a weapon unless you intend to use it, and you do NOT point a weapon, even if you're "sure" that's it's unloaded, at anything you do not intend to destroy.

My buddy, who has been shooting guns and hunting since childhood -- much longer than me -- is often careless. I've absolutely flipped out on him before. I'm glad to take him to the range that I have a membership to, but if he's careless, our little get together is over. I will not tolerate having a weapon pointed at me. Your ego can get you killed, or, even worse, it can kill someone that you care about.

End of rant -- I would just feel horrible for someone to accidentally kill a loved one because he/she was trying to be "cool." That's something that will stick with you for the rest of your life, and it's just not worth it.

GO CARDS!

Page generated in 0.02360 seconds with 8 queries