View Single Post
Old August 6, 2015, 11:31 AM   #15
tedbeau

Quote:
I've had similar problems when holstering, but not on the draw. It can even happen with a vest. I either catch it or the RO says something. It really depends on the configuration of gun & holster.

That said, if you're carrying, there are times when you do just wear an untucked shirt, so you need to learn how to get it out of the way. Personally I do wear a vest during the summer. I figure the bad guys aren't smart enough to know. I suppose it's always possible a member of IDPA could be bad. I'll take my chances.
Yeah I don't think it's as much an issue on the draw. If it catches the gun it may slow you down a little but as long as you got a good sweep of the shirtn and managed to get a good grip on the gun, a hammer or sight caught on a shirt is not going to hang you up to long and shouldn't cause a gun drop as long as its not between the hand and the gun.

I wear a cover shirt, (usually a tee) most of the time when I am CC'ing. I only wear a vest for competition or if I am stopping somewhere on the way to or from the range.

I don't worry to much about the shirt getting caught reholstering if I ever had to use the gun in a real SD situation because if I have to draw my gun for real, I am not reholsteing. I plan on keeping it in my hand until LEO arrives and then they are not going to let me reholster it anyways, it's most likely getting dropped or set on the ground while I go face down.

Page generated in 0.04225 seconds with 8 queries