View Single Post
Old June 28, 2013, 02:20 PM   #31
Weatherby Fan

Quote:
weatherby fan- You are so far off point on Savage It's amazing. The accutrigger is the best thing that has happened since peanut butter and jelly.. As for clueless... Lets see--Stock Savages win more Comp shoot out than any other brand rifle. Hmmm,,Junk.. I think you are lost in never never land. Stop posting before everyone see how lost you really are. You don't like Savage--hey that's your call,
If you can't get a Savage to shoot good. 99% chance it's the shooter that is incompetant.
Absolute nonsense. I have recently read in F&S a comparison where they shoot a bunch of budget rifles. The savage wasn't anywhere near the top. Yes, some are very accurate. Some are not. There's a very good reason that they don't guarantee the accuracy. I can shoot my Winchester and Marlin and Weatherby rifles all much more accurately than my savage rifles. That's not the shooter's fault when he can shoot lights out with the other rifles, it's the Savage Rifles' fault.

Even if we do accept that Savage rifles are somehow the most accurate gun for any price they're still junk. Every single one of their design and manufacturing processes are based on the idea of doing things as cheaply (not inexpensively) as possible. Their quality control is a joke.

Since you're aparently totally ignorant and clueless let me ask you this:

What is the difference between an accu-trigger that's adjusted down really lightly and a good quality trigger that is hand tuned and breaks at the same weight very cleanly?
The only difference is the stupid blade safety mechanism. That's it. Of course, the savage triggers are not hand tuned and I have personally handled many rifles from Savage which 'trip' and have the blade lock up just from handling the bolt virgorously. The accu-trigger is just a regular trigger with a safety blade to allow the user (and often the factory) to adjust the trigger down to a level which would be unsafe in a standard trigger.
I'd rather have a trigger that's safe, period, and doesn't rely on a blade to save it when it fails. Hell - the savage trigger components aren't even hardened - only surface hardened. I hope you don't plan to stone them too much! CHEAP. CRAP.

Savage quality control is a joke. I've OWNED savage rifles in the last 5 years which have problems such as bluing which wasn't tumbled after the hot blu-ing and were covered in the brown residue. I've owned a savage with a warped receiver that it was impossible to mount a scope to without a shim. I've owned and handled dozens with triggers that will trip and lock up just from normal handling. Every one I've ever seen ever has a bad finish on the bolt face.

I even tried a 116 package gun and found that the no-name bases were too wide when measured with calipers and couldn't accept zee-rings. Trying to remove them? Big problem. They used a thread locker but the soft screw heads were not strong enough to see them removed. The screws had to be tapped out!!!!

I have done measurements with the savage tapped and drilled holes and found that they are not only not aligned with the bore, they are also not even aligned with each other - EVER - on at least a dozen rifles. It's impossible to optically center a scope with these rifles without using shims or special rings and bases.

If you apply any upward pressure (i.e. work the bolt hard) while closing it, the edge of the bolt head will catch and STOP on the sharp edge of the receiver. What a JOKE.

Savage rifles are a total joke. Buy a quality rifle which is made from machined rather than cast parts which is not designed to be manufactured as cheaply as possible in every possible respect.

There are quality manufacturers such as Sako who will sell you a rifle that can outshoot a savage. They are tested and guaranteed to shoot FIVE SHOTS into a sub-moa group. Their stocks will never flex and touch the barrel and change the POI when using a sling like a savage will. Their triggers are hand tuned and perfect as-is. their parts aren't made out of only partially hardened steel. The bolt handle is not a cast POS. The bolt is easily assembled/dissassembled in the field with NO tools, just like a howa, or winchester etc. Try that with a savage.

Page generated in 0.02775 seconds with 8 queries