View Single Post
Old December 25, 2009, 10:11 AM   #2
dahermit

I have a "home" range here in Michigan. The legality of the issue depends upon if there is some local (township) law prohibiting it. I know of one township (Hamlin township in Mason County, MI) where there is an ordnance prohibiting "target practice". So, you would have to check with your township to find out.

Nevertheless, you would be liable of any damage done to property or persons(hunters, mushroom hunters, et. AL.) if you were to be found negligent in your target practice. Therefore, I have a dirt berm which I hired a contractor to push up with a dozer as a backstop.

In my case, my Amish Neighbors and the very few other neighbors I have are hunters and shooters (I hear shooting all the time), and are not likely to be concerned about shooting in the area. But, if you have a person who gets nervous over gun shots in your area, a back stop as evidence of responsibility is likely to be worth what you pay to have it constructed.

To address your question more precisely, a few shoots heard in a wooded area s is likely to be interpreted as someone hunting.

Page generated in 0.04116 seconds with 8 queries