View Single Post
Old June 5, 2009, 12:20 PM   #64
David Armstrong

Quote:
So, you won't look at the information but simply dismiss it out of hand. Interesting.
As usual, you make assumptions for which there is no evidence. I did not say I wouldn't, didn't, or hadn't looked at it, I said it didn't matter. Try to deal with what is said, not what you make up.
Quote:
Well, this is an internet forum and I thought TFL was created to facilitate discussion. I did not think this was an academic research panel limited only to scholars.
I don't think anyone said anything about it being limited in any way. The point is that it is wide open, thus there is no control on the quality of information presented.
Quote:
So how can you know it lacks rigor without viewing it? Seems like you are saying if it is on YouTube the information is no good. Seems kind of biased.
Again, you might want to deal with what is actually said instead of making things up about what something "seems like." And as often happens, you make an assumption without checking the facts. That is the problem. You might try asking if someone has done something before talking about what they have or haven't done.
Quote:
That is not true. Libraries have budgets and often don't have the resources to obtain those materials especially if they are not well known.
Of course it is true, as anyone who uses a library very often would know. Almost any library can get almost any book or joiurnal through inter-library loan.
Quote:
Serious is subjective.
True, but suggesting one read the literature about a subject if they want to seriously discuss it is not subjective.

Last edited by David Armstrong; June 5, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries