View Single Post
Old June 1, 2011, 12:51 AM   #4
Howdy

What I did....

I have two Lee pro 1000 AND a Lee turret. For the 1000's I got tired of removing the press to empty the primers so I drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the workbench centered (approx.) under the press to allow spent primers to fall through. Under the bench I stapled the bottom of a two litre soda bottle. Cut the bottom about 1 1/2 to 2 inches high except keep about a 3 inch span about 3 inches high to staple through AND act as a hinge to allow lowering "catch pan" to empty. WORKS GREAT!!

For the turret press I did the same thing to the work bench but needed to find a way to guide the primers through the press instead of "all over the county".

I can't do pictures so will do my best to describe what I did.

I made a one piece shield from a flattened piece of aluminum from a soda can. I developed the pattern with a plain piece of paper by bending, trimming and taping until I had a good fit. Then flattened the pattern and transfered it to the alum then bent the alum to match the pattern. It is held in place by gravity and a good fit, does not interfere with the ram, and can be removed when the ram is raised.

Works perfect and has only missed about three primers since I made it (thousands of reloads). It works great only if the priming arm is in the ram. Now if I could figure out a way to keep the priming arm from falling out once in a while.

Page generated in 0.02630 seconds with 8 queries