View Single Post
Old August 31, 2013, 10:59 AM   #12
Sharpsdressed Man

I have three "wet" cans, and they are all specialty type, for tactical use. For all day use, you can use a larger suppressor with a piston or Nielson device as would be needed to operate on a most guns. I have an AAC Evo-9 that can be wet or dry, but it still more efficient wet. My tactical cans are AAC's a Spider II and Scorpion. They are smaller, lighter, and only one inch in diameter, designed to be shot wet, and function on all guns used without a boosting device. The downside is diminishing suppression: as the liquid is blown out, they get louder (usually after 4-5 shots). For plinkers, this is unacceptable. For serious use, 4-5 shots is probably plenty, or making noise at that point (a full blown gunfight?) is moot. For taking the blast out of a shot indoors, etc, the small wet cans are fine. I love these small cans, and do not mind reloading them (I use a light application of thick lithium grease, applied with a synthetic bore brush a size or two larger than the bore of the suppressor). These older AAC cans do not require disassembly, and are dirt simple; just soak with 409 cleaner after use, and blow it out with an airhose. All the cleaning you need. .......... [IMG][/IMG]

Page generated in 0.03621 seconds with 8 queries