View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 11:15 AM   #8
rbernie

On the feeding side of things - I have had very poor luck getting any flat tipped or hollow point ammo to feed in any 742/7400/760/7600 rifle (and it wasn't for lack of trying!). The lack of a properly formed feed ramp (especially in the later versions, which seem to be lacking a machined ramp below the chamber) can allowa the nose of the round to dip too far down and jam against the receiver wall/barrel shank below the chamber. You can tweak the magazine lips to position the rounds higher in the front, but that only helped me when the action was moving vigorously and was less help in the pumps than the autoloaders.

The only way that I got 100% reliability was a combination of mag tweaking, taking the edge off the receiver to form a bit of a ramp, and using only SP/FMJ spitzers.

I have toyed with the idea of modifying the magazines to include an integral feed ramp in the front (a la the Springer/Leatham 1911 9mm magazines) but ran out of interest.

Page generated in 0.02907 seconds with 8 queries