View Single Post
Old March 12, 2012, 12:54 PM   #120
L_Killkenny

Quote:
when I say a 22 would do just as good as a 45 I mean to stop the threat, most will haul butt when hit with a 22 or fall to ground and flounce like a fish but the threat is still over. Maybe not dead but over. Yes everyone knows a 45 or close to it most of the times will knock someone down or end life then and there (most of the time) but in reality the 22 did just as good, it ended the threat! Even though Im like most others Id rather finish the threat not just end it!
I've been preaching the same thing for years. Bad guys generally don't like to get shot at. They fall and cry for mommy or they run like the wind whether it be a .22lr or a .50AE that's chuckin lead at em. But I looked at worst case scenario for me, gas station hold up. Say I'm in back getting a pop, beer or ice and someone walks in and shoots the cashier. At that point I'm cowering in the back of the store, pissin myself and trying to be invisible. But if I have a gun it's gonna be out and how confident am I gonna be in my .22? Personally, I'd be wishing I'd hired a couple dudes with MP5's to protect me (after all, how much is my life worth is an arguement some make around here) but since that's not an option if things go bad I'd like something a little bigger.

That being said more than likely I won't have any gun let alone a great one in the million to one chance things go that sideways.

LK

Page generated in 0.03792 seconds with 8 queries