View Single Post
Old January 15, 2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Orvil Newton

Charles Daly Field Tactical 12g pump question

First let me say that, while I have many years of experience with rifles and hand guns, I am new to shotguns. So consider me a rank dumb noob on this one.

I got a new CD 12ga pump yesterday, a very nice looking nickel finish 18.5" Field Tactical model. Of course the action is stiff, not unexpected with a new gun. The problem I am having is that the action lock seems to engage randomly. The manual says to depress the action release tab to unlock the action, and this is true but I can rack the slide a few times, one, two six - then it will lock up and I have to press the release tab again. I tried dry firing the gun and pulling the trigger seems to release the action but once the slide is returned to battery it locks again and the release must be pressed. Sometimes it will cycle once or twice or five or six times then lock.

I tried loading the gun and cycling the rounds out (With the safety engaged of course) with the same results.

Any ideas what is going on here. It may be me just being ignorant or it may be a problem with the gun. Either way I need to get it handled ASAP

Thanks

Page generated in 0.03408 seconds with 8 queries