View Single Post
Old July 29, 2009, 08:03 AM   #37
GringoGrande

Excellent, just excellent

Excellent Plan, Action and Report

No gripe and I am adding to my plan as we read and write here.

I am buying an UPS today, fantastic idea. My comp has one, but one near the bed with gadgets attached is a 110% idea.

Back when my daughter and son were at home (both now in the military and stationed in Afgahnistan) We kept a set of Family band FRS Cobra walkie talkies with ear buds and made sure the kids knew how to use them. Each room had one. Worked out fantastic the night the power went out on the east coast to make sure everyone was ok w/o anyone moving around.

Now that the kids are gone, the neighbores keep a set of FRS and we keep a set in case of a hood issue, we live in a city that has a Nuke plant close by, so as neighbores, we have gotten together on various family and hood plans in case of those types of issues. We have for our neighbores a small suitcase of theirs with their clothes, meds, copies of ID's and things like that, they have ours as well.

I use a Para-Ord Nite-Hog (warthog) as my HD night time pistol. I keep a NAA Mini-Rev with a fns front blade on a neck chain with a sure fire on the chain that goes on first then I grab the wart hog. Wife always had a NAA Mini-rev with fns dot on the front blade velcro'd to the backside of the headboard on her side. The one thing I did learn from the Power Out was just how black the dark was. Nite sights truly were the ticket from then on.

Excellent thread and excellent posts.

Gringo

Page generated in 0.03940 seconds with 8 queries