View Single Post
Old December 19, 2001, 09:09 PM   #5
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Thanks, folks....

First shotgun was a 16 ga H&R single, with a stock crooked as a White House lawyer. It darn near put me off shotguns forever but I persevered and learned to shoot it. Game from squirrels to Greater Canadas fell to that thing in pre steel days, and it carried like a wand.

Southlal, no prob. The stuff doesn't spoil. And, with the international situation being what it is, ammo supplies may be hit or miss for a while.

Sam,lead 3s in a 1 1/8 oz load will do fine on Geese, 4s for Mallards, but it's a fairly close range load.No 50 yard shots with these.

Paul, it adds another set of options with few added problems, IMO. And with a house full of excellent 12 gauges, I doubt I'll get one. Sub gauges hold no mysterious attraction for me. Frankenstein, in addition, is a very good quail gun, and the kids' 20 ga Express is a light toter and effective with an oz of 8s.

And, getting a 16 to me means another MEC, more components, different components,etc. Ammo logistics here are more complicated than Italian politics.

But,there's folks whose battery, needs and wants differ, and the 16 may be a good choice for them.

Page generated in 0.04481 seconds with 8 queries