View Single Post
Old June 10, 2014, 11:03 PM   #51
HKFan9

Quote:
And I didn't say anything about an SKS.
I said 1" groups at 100 yards is not unusual.
You guys act like hitting a target is difficult. I see people practicing at 7 yards for all their SD shooting. Rifles being shot at 25 yards. People need to learn to shoot. I mean REALLY learn to shoot.
I regularly shoot my 1911's at 50 and 100 yards.... however I regularly shoot my SD carry guns at 7 and 10 yards.... because that is statistically most likely how/where they will be used. You could even go so far as to shoot point blank or from retention as instructors often teach people because chances are you will be defending your life from short distance rather than long distance.

I shoot my AR's at both long and close distances. 14.5'' barrel with a 25 yard zero with good ammo I can hold my Aimpoints dot center mass and should still hit out to 300yards. I use one for home defense because I live in the country where cops are about 30 minutes away.

Step down from your high horse and think about what you are actually saying rather than acting macho. I CAN hit my targets with a 5'' 1911 at 100 yards.... doesn't mean that will help me in a HD/SD situation, I would much rather know at what speed can I rattle off rounds close range and still keep them in a 16'' human chest.

Page generated in 0.02161 seconds with 8 queries