View Single Post
Old February 22, 2010, 11:16 PM   #2
TxGun

If it's truly unfired and in pristine condition, it's going to be worth several thousand $$$. It's hard to say what it might go for in the right circumstances, but $2500 is a low end guess, and that might be very low, depending on actual condition. And any Blue Book quote is probably going to be low for a gun like yours because it doesn't account for a competitive bidding scenario. Of course, it's always a matter of matching the gun with the guy who has the desire and deep pockets, but to a Winchester collector, and especially a Model 12 connoisseur, your Model 12 is one of the holy grails. If you're interested in selling it, a good way to go is to put it on Gunbroker or Auction Arms and get the Winchester collectors bidding against each other...and driving the price up. Be patient and let them come to you. Just be advised that if you go to a dealer or gun shop, they are going to drastically low ball you. If it were mine, I'd keep it unless I really needed the money, but then I love those old ones.

Last edited by TxGun; February 22, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.02335 seconds with 8 queries