View Single Post
Old September 2, 2011, 12:41 PM   #22
Cowboy_mo

I was born in IL but have been living in Missouri for most of my life. Since I only live about 40 miles from the state line, IL law regarding firearms and their attitude about ccw was discussed in great detail during our ccw class. At the instructor's suggestion I opted to get a MO state ID with my ccw endorsement so that the average person who had a need to see my driver's license wouldn't be alerted to my ccw permit status. Apparently some IL LEOs had observed ccw status on driver's licenses during routine stops and had subjected the driver to some extensive searches of their auto's.

On another note, we have one county sheriff's dept in the area who have pulled the "where's your receipt" on ccw holders when they were stopped and in possession of a firearm. During my last purchase I was advised by the LGS owner to always carry a copy of my receipt when I was traveling through that county and carrying a weapon. I have since been advised by my attorney that in the event a LEO chose to confiscate my weapon pending a "proof of ownership receipt" that he would be more than happy to file a lawsuit and make both of us a lot of money.

Page generated in 0.03337 seconds with 8 queries