View Single Post
Old March 2, 2006, 10:21 AM   #11
Mikeyboy

I'll drop my .02 as a ex-city dweller. Muggers don't usually hide and just jump the first person that walks by (can't see if that gu. They basically hunting like a wild animal hunting a herd. They are looking around, looking at people, looking for an easy target. My theory is everyone has a purpose when they are out. They are moving to point A to point B or they are waiting around for some purpose (killing time waiting for a movie to start, or looking for and waiting for a friend, etc), it the ones that are just loitering, hanging around with no purpose. Sure teen boys can just hang around too, but they will be checking out girls, and laughing and talking among themselves. A lone mugger or gang of teens with possible intent on mugging will be checking out everyone (male and Female) that passes, sizing them up, and less likely to look like they are having "fun" and more looking like they want to fight. Look out for these so called hunters and avoid them. If they start moving in your direction avoid them and keep an eye on them, and be ready. They may run ahead and try to ambush you later. A mugging will go down one of three ways, an outright attack (hopefully you will see it coming), a weapons flash with a demand of money, or a probe and then either A or B. The probe is a mugger, or a group of mugger approaching you and asking something stupid (got a cigarette). If you get probed, get ready to draw (maybe palm your weapon but don't draw) look the guy straight in the eyes (it says I'm not afraid and I will make a good witness) and never let anyone get behind you. NEVER, Never offer change to anyone who ask. Just say I don't know and keep moving. If they try to stop you, something is up. A good thing that will throw them for a mental loop is to say "don't I know you from somewhere" or if your older "don't I know your mom?" It may cause them to back down if they believe your bluff. If anyone lays a hand on you...or threatens you...draw.

Page generated in 0.03895 seconds with 8 queries