View Single Post
Old April 12, 2008, 07:14 PM   #16
El Paso Joe

Henry David Thoreau went to the woods "to live deliberately." He did it for a year and spent the rest of his life writing about it. I lived in the woods for five years and am not sure what he was all that deliberate about. But I reload as part of shooting deliberately. I have been doing it for 3+ decades and still in many ways consider myself as having a lot to learn. I can reload 9mm's for less than 2/3 of factory price - but as another post said, I would reload even if there were no savings. I have dies for calibers that i no longer own (45 auto rim...) and load for cartridges that you can't buy ammo for (.256 Win Mag and 32-40). For me it is part of what shooting is all about.

I started with a Lee loader for 38Spl and (soon) got a RCBS Rock Chucker press. Probably have paid for it by now - but thats not the point. Reloading is, for me, a big part of what shooting is all about. I would say to go ahead and "pull the trigger" on the purchase. Buy good stuff. In 30 years it will seem like money well spent. In my not so humble opinion...

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries