View Single Post
Old November 21, 2011, 09:41 PM   #10
C0untZer0

Body armor

Quote:
It makes even more sense than wearing a gun. It's legal everywhere, sets off no metal detectors, requires no skill or training, is no risk/threat to anyone involved, and is more likely to save your life
I agree with this. When I started thinking about protective vests a while a go my thinking on it completely changed.

Like choices about which firearm to carry, choices have to be made concerning what equipment / protective clothing you will use. Most people do not carry a full sized 10mm auto or 44 magnum (some do), some people choose to carry a 380 Auto or a pocket nine.

With body armor you can wear Level IIA which stops most of the calibers that ciminals commonly use. It won't stop 357 or 44 mag and I don't think it is rated for 9mm +P but it stops standard 9mm & 40 cal, 38 spl, 380, 32, 25 etc..

Level IIA is lighter and cooler than the Level II or Level IIIA, and in winter months I don't see how it could be that burdonsome to wear - expecially in a jacket form rather than vest / undergarment.

When I examine the logic of why you would want a firearm in any situation - the same factors that go into carrying a firearm would seem to argue for wearing body armor also.

Page generated in 0.02922 seconds with 8 queries