View Single Post
Old April 27, 2009, 10:27 PM   #1
jwalker497

Suppressor Questions

1. What the quietest calibers to suppress in order? I am thinking .22LR has to be the quietest but not sure where the other calibers fit it, 380, 9mm vs 40 and 45 stack up? (Referring to pistols here)

2. What's the reason to get one aside from fun? Does anyone use it for Home defense or is that just asking for some unnecessary scrutiny, or prosecution. My thought is that if god forbid, I have to fire a pistol in my home, I would not want to go deaf in the process?

3. I guess there is a decision one has to make regarding the degree of suppression vs the bullet effectiveness. Ie does a person get a .22 totally quite suppressor and just use it for fun, not HD and not protection? Or do some get one for the reduction in noise and also have something that is effective in protecting their lives? Seems to me if you are looking for just quite and fun, .22 is probably the way to go but if you are looking for protection and fun, maybe 9mm or 45acp are the way to go? But then again, how quite are they becuase they are much more powerful vs the .22?

4. Are subsonic rounds important, are they more quiet than non-sub sonic rounds?

5. What are some inexpensive manufactures of quality cans?

6. For the NFA legality, is a trust the preferred method or not? It's my understanding its the fastest route is this true? Are there any step by step guides out there to walk through each method?

7. What are the liabilities with owning a suppressor? When you register for one, do you escalate yourself on the old big brother watch list? Would there be ramifications if you had one?

8. WHat's this wet vs dry stuff all about, have no idea? You pour water into the can to make it quieter?

9. Does the length of the can make it more or less quite?

10. Can someone provide an overview on how to go about the process of getting one from A to Z? Either option trust vs non or both would be awesome. Thanks.

Page generated in 0.02762 seconds with 8 queries