View Single Post
Old October 6, 2007, 03:55 PM   #8
Ozzieman

Realy

"a Charter in 44 Spl, which is a low pressure round compared to the 357 Magnum,"
I’m not sure what “low pressure” has to do with the function or knock down power of a gun but since the low pressure 44 special factory rounds have about the same energy as a 45 ACP then does that mean that the 45 doesn’t work either?
The main advantage of the bulldog is the small package in a big bore gun. Also the Charter is lighter than the SP101.
I will agree that the Ruger is a better built gun but because it shoots “HIGH” pressure rounds it has to be. That does not make it the better choice for everything nor is it.
I will also agree that the newer guns from Charter (charter 2000) have problems but the older guns are great little guns for its proper use.
To say that all of Charter arms guns are "forget it" guns, then I can say the same thing about Rugers if all I compare them to is there triggers when comparing them to Smith guns.
Let’s face it a Ruger will never come to par with a Smith trigger so “Forget it”.
But to say that is silly and wrong. Lets face it Ruger guns are tanks and very well made but they also have negative traits and the one is weight.
Also the 357 mag isn’t the do every thing that some people seem to think.
One apon a time I loaded some 357 mag deer rounds for a Contender that I wouldn’t want to try in a SP101, I’m sure the gun would handle them, but a steady diet would make a Ruger rattle.
My point to this is that I have many 44 sp guns and one of them is a Bull dog that I have had for over 25 years. It shoots well and handles well for a small BIG bore gun. It does what it was desighned for and does it well.
I would NOT shoot buffalo bore ammunition in any of the 3 Smith N frame 44 sp guns that I have.
It’s not the gun here, it’s the ammo.

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries