View Single Post
Old October 31, 2009, 01:35 PM   #1
SP101

Wife's first trip to the range

We spent 3 1/2 hours at the range this a.m. Wife shot several .22's, a couple older .38s, 9 mm, a Lady Smith and our SP101 with a local instructor. She said the Lady Smith and SP101 were her favorites. She really enjoyed it, but is tired this afternoon. She probably shot 150 rounds or so. It was her first handson firearms training. Towards the end she tailed off quite a bit, but her confidence really improved versus the starting point.

I shot LCP, LCR, a couple of .44's and a couple .40's. Most shooting today was with a Makarov .380. Accuracy with the Makarov was very, very good at 15 yards. It's kind of quirky, but I was real accurate with it. Also shot the heck out of my SP101. Great fun. Even shot one round of the instructors' .48 bear gun (not sure of brand). One was enough.

I'm glad my wife enjoyed it. She's already mentioned that we need to keep going back because she doesn't want to "lose" what she's gained. I'm glad to hear it, but I don't want to over do it either. She'll be sticking with .38's for the forseeable future. (I'm not sure .357s are in her future, but that's o.k.)

Last edited by SP101; October 31, 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.02264 seconds with 8 queries