View Single Post
Old June 2, 2005, 07:16 AM   #19
tyme
Staff

eka, it turned violent after the alleged criminal was confronted by masked, gun-wielding, alleged cops. For all he knew it could have been an attempted rip-off.
Quote:
"We kept watching and saw a police badge swinging from one of people and we're like, 'Oh they're police,' " Delaney said.
That kind of identification doesn't mean a thing. Anyone can make or acquire a badge that looks real from 20 feet away. If the masked "officers" had been thugs hired by a rival drug dealer, the good sheeple inside the store would have just allowed a black-on-black (nothing to do with skin color) murder/robbery. Maybe they should have anyway, since it was too dangerous to intervene, but in this case they hid in the store for the wrong reason.

That is why arrests for non-obvious crimes need to take place in controlled environments. The masks make it worse, but they're not the central problem.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.03106 seconds with 8 queries